So, I realize that my last post was December 4th and it is now January 26th. There are so many days where I think "i should really blog tonight" but then I get home, and blogging about reality when all I really want to do is think about anything other than school.
So, here is a quick update of the last month and a half - I'm only going to name the positives... the rest will come in a later post.
POSITIVES:
- I spent a lovely 2 weeks back in Wisconsin for winter break. I spent almost every single day seeing friends and family, catching up and hearing words of wisdom. I am so amazed at all the support and love I have in my life! I can't help but feel completely humbled by all the love poured out on me both during my time home and while I've been back in MS. Over and over, the wisest people in my life continue to offer so much encouragement and words of wisdom. While this experience is the most challenging thing I have ever faced, I know that I have grown so much and will gain so much perspective by living this life.
- I am giving myself time! Coming back from the first semester, the first thing that I knew needed to change was my me-time/school-time ratio. If I wanted to, I could spend 24 hours a day working on school stuff. I'm slowly learning to work smarter, not harder, and give up any extra fluff in favor of doing the least amount of work while giving my students a quality education. One way I'm holding myself accountable is by convincing my roommates to run the Warrior Dash 5k mud run in Jackson on April 21st. Holy cow, my first semester of teaching left me OUT. OF. SHAPE.
No comments:
Post a Comment